When trying to Jumpstart Cosmetics Business and Your Home Beauty Business in a perfect world, you would have your calendar booked with customers placing orders, home and office parties booked at least 6 weeks out, giving you plenty of time to prepare your host, and lots of time to prospect for new customers, building and coaching your team if this is something that you are doing.
However, in reality this rarely happens. When things don't go our way, we tend to get frustrated and stop trying. This is exactly why we need to relax, take a break, and recoup. Summer is a great time to recoup, and to begin thinking about the holidays.
If you start thinking about the things you would like to see happen in your business for the holidays, you will be much more prepared than your peers.
As someone who coaches others on their home beauty business, here are a few tips to help get you back on track:
1. Call your past customers and let them know that you are booking your holiday calendar, and that you would love to spoil them and their friends with a holiday party. See if you can come up with a few ideas for bonus items or incentives to make it more exciting for your host to have a party, such as a special gift.
2. Organize a give away bag with a brochure, business card, and an extra special treat, such as candy, and get out there walking door to door to friendly business's for example: apartment complexes, and hand out your bags.
3. Create packages with your products. Have a few different prices points to help customers have an easier shopping experience. With each level of the package have a gift with purchase. For example: the higher the price point, the larger the gift with purchase or GWP.
4. September is back to school and fundraiser season. Come up with a plan to book some fundraisers for your business. This is a great way to find new customers all in one place, and to grow your business. Many organizations have fundraisers, start with the yellow pages and see what you can come up with. Be creative.
5. Meet with your team or other people in your organization to socialize, and to brainstorm ideas for the holiday selling season. This can be alot of fun and really help Jumpstart your creativity.
6. Have a relaunch open house. If you feel that you haven't connected with customers in a while, why not go ahead and have a holiday open house to showcase 'Whats New" and to reintroduce your core products. Have light snacks and lots of GWP's, and door prizes to create excitement for your open house.
Do you have any other tips to help Jumpstart your Home Makeup and Beauty Business?
I would love to hear your thoughts. Just click on Join my E-zine and meet me on the inside.
Have a Beauty Business Tip Success Story?